Thursday, December 15, 2011

Potential Reads

Please submit books you would like the club to consider selecting for the next round.

Fiction:
Bel Canto
Elsewhere (YA)
Galore
The Heretics Daughter by Kathleen Kent (historical fiction)
The Importance of Being Earnest
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
The Mother-Daughter Book Club (YA)
Mr. Chartwell
My Mother She Killed me, My Father He Ate me: forty new fairy tales
The Night Circus
On the Beach
The Persian Pickle Club
Room
Say her Name
Shelter Me by Juliette Fay
Up the Down Staircase
The Weird Sisters
When God was a Rabbit
When you Reach Me (YA)
Witch & Wizard (YA and manga)


Non-Fiction:
Cinderella Ate my Daughter: Dispatches from the front lines of the girlie-girl culture
Citizens of London: The Americans who Stood with London in its darkest, finest hour
Enslaved by Ducks
In the Garden of Beasts
Letters of a Woman Homesteader
Lost in Shangri-La
Malled: My Unintentional Career in Retail
x2 No Biking in the House without a Helmet by Melissa Fay Greene (memoir)
Nurtureshock
The Other Wes Moore
Reading Lips: A Memoir of Kisses (not avaialble at library)
Ride the Butterflies (not available at the library)
Tales from a Free-Range Childhood (not available at the library)
The Year we Left Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Books— oh! no. I am sure we never read the same, or not with the same feelings."

"I am sorry you think so; but if that be the case, there can at least be no want of subject. We may compare our different opinions."